Bean Soup with Spinach and Leek
BEAN SOUP WITH SPINACH & LEEK
2 t olive oil
2 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ c wheat couscous
2 c carrots, chopped
2 c packed spinach leaves
½ t dried mint 1 T fresh lemon juice
½ t ground cumin 1 t salt (celtic)
2 litres water dash of cayenne pepper*
3 c leeks, bulb only, chopped ¼ c parsley, chopped
3 t vegetable stock powder (Massel)
2 tins cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, leeks, and carrots. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add dried mint and cumin. Stir for 2 minutes
4. Add water, beans, bay leaves and stock powder.
5. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low.
6. Stir in couscous. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in spinach. Add lemon juice. Check for seasonings.